Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome To Naomi's Novelties!

Though I'm about to turn 36 in a couple of weeks, I often have the mentality of a 12-year-old -- which explains why I love novelty gifts and gag gifts so much. Some of them are so obscene, I'm shocked that someone actually have the guts to create and market them. Some are so absurd that I can't help but roll my eyes. But almost all are just plain funny ... and we can all use a few laughs, right?

Nearly every novelty item that I've given as a gift has been success. My best guy friend loved the funky "BUTT/FACE" towel and matching soap that I gifted him for his birthday. Meanwhile, my closest gal pal still has fond stories about the little click button she used to own as a teen that would tell you to, "Eat sh--t," or "F-ck off." Fun times! Of course, you have to be a little careful about who you give a novelty item or gag gift to. Want to give a "Poo Pen" to your immature older brother? Go for it, he'll love it. But your uptight Aunt Myrtle ... probably not so much. The idea is to make people laugh, not offend.

In this blog, I'll be sharing and reviewing the silliest, strangest, dirtiest and most inane products I can find. Feel free to share your own opinions on novelty gifts and to alert me of anything worth talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment